Bob Kramer Meiji 6" Chef's Knife by Zwilling
Combine Japanese aesthetics, the ease and familiarity of Western-style blades and legendary bladesmith Bob Kramer, and the result is the revolutionary Meiji collection. A true fusion of Eastern and Western knifemaking philosophies, Bob Kramer Meiji offers the impeccable style of Japanese knives paired with the performance and accessibility of Western blade shapes optimized for kitchen use.
Whether slicing steaks, chopping scallions or mincing ginger, this does-it-all chef’s knife sits comfortably in the hand and offers incredible control. Razor-sharp right out of the box, it’s a versatile and eye-catching addition to any kitchen.
- Designed by ABS-certified Master Bladesmith Bob Kramer, the first Master Bladesmith to specialize in kitchen cutlery
- East-meets-West design combines the aesthetics of Japanese-style knives with the performance of a Western-style blade shape and grind for edges that are extremely sharp and easy to maintain
- Each blade is forged from a core of FC61 steel and clad in 100 layers of nickel and stainless Damascus to take and hold a razor-sharp, yet easy-to-care-for edge
- Mirror-polished blades feature an etched ladder Damascus pattern designed by Bob Kramer
- Fine-carbide distribution results in a blade that holds an incredibly sharp angle
- Ice hardening to 61 Rockwell improves the microstructure of the steel for improved cutting performance, corrosion resistance and increased durability
- D-shaped Japanese-style handles in charcoal pakkawood provide a secure grip and excellent balance
- Each handle features a decorative center pin handcrafted in Bob Kramer’s workshop
- Each knife draws on Seki City, Japan’s wealth of knife-making experience and undergoes a rigorous 42-day manufacturing process that involves 45 artisans and 100 distinct steps