Zambri's Italian Series: Ladies Night In (Victoria) 2/25
We love celebrating anytime! Zambri's Ladies present a quick guide to entertaining at home, fun and easy appetizers, food presentation and of course wine pairing. Join us for a great night out, in.
- Chicken Parmesan balls with zambri's tomato sauce
- Learn how to make chicken balls, seasoning, forming, stuffing with mozzarella, searing and cooking.
- Whitefish, potato, leek cakes with pesto aioli
- Learn about fish poaching, potato cookery, organize mis-en-place, assembly and breaking of cakes; as well as, making pesto and aioli.
- Mixed antipasti skewers
- Learning about various techniques to marinate and pickle vegetables, stores around town for salumi and cheeses, integrated with wine pairing.
- Phyllo bites
- Learn various ways to wrap phyllo and different flavour combos. We will introduce a few meat, fish and veggie options.
ABOUT TONIGHT'S CHEFS AND SOMMELIER:
Julia McInnis has been the Sous Chef at Zambri's, Chef Peter’s right hand, for nearly five years since she returned from Montreal. Julia cut her culinary teeth in restaurants as diverse as Mechant Boeuf, Koko and Pied du Cochon. As a student, she also worked briefly with Derek Damman, an award winning chef who also worked with Peter at Zambri's. Returning to Victoria after a four year absence, Zambris was her first choice and she is still excited every day to work with and learn from Peter, Jo and Louis.
Frances von Aesch has been the Sommelier at Zambri's for over fifteen years. She is passionate both about Italian wine and exceptional food and wine pairings. Frances's monthly food and wine pairing dinners featuring different regions of Italy regularly sell out. She is a fantastic speaker and her love of food and wine help to easily unravel the often complicated world of Italian wine.
Andrea Mackenzie is originally from Erin, a small town just north of Toronto. This is her second “stint” at Zambri’s. She was with them when they opened in their new location, then moved back to Ontario to a job in Oakville and has recently moved back to Victoria in pursuit of a happier and healthy lifestyle. She has been in the restaurant industry for over 17 years now “I can’t see myself doing anything but what I love to do....cooking”. Her goal is to one day open a food truck that will highlight her style of cooking in which “fun flavors mix with different cuisines from around the world” Live it, love it and laugh with it!
Demonstration and Hands-on
*Come hungry, you will eat!
Please note: We will do our best to accommodate all allergies and dietary sensitivities or restrictions, but our facilities come in contact with all types of foods. We cannot guarantee there will be no cross-contamination. Please let us know of any dietary concerns when you are placing your order, in the notes section of your shopping cart.