Miyabi 5000DP Kaizen5.75-in. Granton Edge Santoku
Traditional D-shaped handles combine with exquisite Damask-style waves to reveal 64 layers of polished stainless steel wrapping the blade's razor sharp CMV60 core.
- The Santoku knife is the all-rounder for Asian cuisine used in preparing fish, meat or vegetables. Where the Chef's knife has a curved blade and a high tip, the Santoku blade is much straighter with a low tip. Versions of this knife are manufactured with either a standard-edged blade or a hollow ground edge, also known as a granton edge. The purpose of the granton style blade is to assist with keeping particles from sticking to the knife edge as it cuts, as well as to reduce friction for an easier and faster chopping motion.
- Size: 5.75" / 150 mm
- CMV60 core
- CRYODUR vacuum tempered blades
- Three-step Honbazuke honing process
- 64 layers of stainless steel (32 layers per side) wrap the blade core and are polished to reveal unique rippled Damascus design
- 60 degree Rockwell Hardness
- Edge Angle: 9.5-12 degree per side
- Traditional Japanese D-shape Micarta handle enhanced with a mosaic pin, red spacers and a metal end cap featuring the MIYABI logo
- All MIYABI products are fully guaranteed against defects in material and /or craftsmanship
- Made in Seki, Japan