Knife Skills 101 Class 3/09 (Lonsdale)
Come and learn to slice and dice with Chef Jonathan Chovancek. A good knife is the primary tool for a functional and effective approach to food preparation. Good knife skills are an essential component to creating delicious meals quickly.
In this knife skills class you will:
- Learn to care and work safely with your knife
- Learn what knives are best for different jobs
- Learn standard culinary cuts based on the fundamentals of global cuisine
Work one on one with Chef Jonathan in preparing a 3 course menu.
Chef Jonathan will present different cutting techniques that will be incorporated into the meal you will prepare together. You will learn then enjoy the fruits of your labour with a delicious meal and a new and invaluable skill set.
- Vegetable crudités & flatbread with Spanish red lentil hummus
- San Sebastian tuna ceviche with sweet pepper vinaigrette
- Barcelona paella with smokey vegetables, clams & chicken
Please note: We will do our best to accommodate all allergies and dietary sensitivities or restrictions, but our facilities come in contact with all types of foods. We cannot guarantee there will be no cross-contamination. Please let us know of any dietary concerns when you are placing your order, in the notes section of your shopping cart.