Chef Michael William's Lemon Chicken
Servings: 2 – 4 depending on size of breasts
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 10 minutes
This is a fantastically tasty and delicious dish that you will want to make again and again. The lemon really comes through along with a depth of other flavors. Serve it up with some rice and spring rolls and there will be no need to order take out.
For the sauce:
2 tablespoons brown sugar or honey
Juice of ½ of a lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
1 teaspoon lemon zest
2 tablespoons organic tamari
¼ cup water
2 chicken breasts (sliced into ½ strips)
4 cloves garlic (sliced)
1/2 teaspoon coriander
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- Mix together the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place your sliced chicken breasts and garlic into a medium mixing bowl. Season with salt, pepper and coriander. Stir very well so that everything is evenly distributed.
- Now add the flour and stir again until evenly coated.
- Preheat a large fry pan on medium-high heat. Add the butter and once melted, add the chicken. Brown on both sides until nice and golden all over and almost cooked through.
- Now add the premixed sauce and cook until it has thickened and the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve immediately with your favorite sides and garnish with chopped cilantro or basil.
Learn how to make this recipe and much more with Chef Michael Williams (master of Fresh and Healthy takes on family favorites...)
May 15th 11am - 2pm
Find out more and register here.
These recipes work best with a wok. And of course, we can help you with that!.