- Ingredients -
Sea Salt, Kelp & Lime Dressing
- 1 litre Canola Oil
- 3 tbsp Djion Mustard
- 1 tbsp Salish Sea Dried Kelp
- 1 tsp Smoked Vancouver Island Sea Salt
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 250 ml Lime Juice & Zest
- We Wei Kai Quadra Island Scallops
- Canola Oil (for frying)
- Whole Butter & Lime (for glazing)
- Method -
1. Puree all dressing ingredients together in a Vitamix. Makes a delicious dressing for any fish or shellfish, especially halibut, spot prawns, salmon, and sablefish.
2. Pan sear the scallops in a hot fry pan, over a medium high heat in canola oil for one minute per side.
3. Finish by glazing with whole butter and fresh squeezed lime.
4. Serve on top of some of your favourite seasonal greens or local seaweed. Also great on top of grain salad, lentils, or quinoa. Enjoy!