We've made it through the last week of January and hallelujah, the weekend’s here! There are lots of great reasons to come downtown this weekend and we hope a stop by Cook Culture is part of your plan. Join us this Saturday for our first (free) chocolate sampling of the year, from 11 am to 2 pm. Chocolate extraordinaire David Mincey will be on hand with delicious samples from his carefully selected collection of artisan, small-batch chocolates. Chocolates you simply can't find anywhere else.
There’s at least one thing chef Brad Williams’ breads and brunch class reminded us of earlier this month, and that’s how satisfyingly delicious a leisurely, homemade brunch can be.
Twelve people arrived at Cook Culture, early on a Saturday morning, eager to learn about the joy of baking from one of Victoria’s most passionate bread bakers. To our delight, Brad already had treats baking in the oven, filling the store with the most wonderful smell. Because, as he says “hungry people aren’t learning people.” A fact we all quickly agreed on.
If you’ve every longed to throw caution to the wind, quit your day job and learn more about the simple art of pastry making than this is the course of you! And the good news is you can take our Pastry Basics with Chef Megan Hennis and still keep your day job.
It sounds a little like a horror movie but really it’s not. Learning how to use a knife isn’t as difficult or scary as it sounds. It’s an important part of developing good cooking skills and being efficient and safe in the kitchen. Recently, we had a fantastic knife skills class with chef Megan Hennis. During the small hands-on class, everyone took turns slicing and dicing carrots, cabbage and potatoes with gusto.
Did you realize it is Thanksgiving in less than two weeks?
Chef Michael Williams is offering a Healthy Holiday class on Wed., October 8th, at 6pm.
Learn some tasty (and healthy) options for your upcoming feast, the menu includes:
- Cashew Crusted Kale chips
- Roasted Turkey Sausage with braised apple and cabbage
- Roast Turkey breast with coconut cranberry orange sauce
- Apple Pecan Whole Grain Stuffing
- White Chocolate Pumpkin Mousse
- See more at: http://cookculture.com/cooking-school/class/fresh-and-healthy-holiday-dining-chef-michael-williams#sthash.TOudK27L.dpuf The holidays can be a heavy time for our bodies and I have been known to pack on a few extra pounds each year. Prevention of this is the motivation behind this class. We will focus on some Fresh and Healthy Holiday Dining with Chef Michael Williams14 hours 53 min ago.
If you are in Vancouver today - our Sister store, Cookworks on Broadway, is hosting the owner of Fernwood Coffee, Ben Cram. Ben will be sampling his amazing coffee using the Espro Double Filtered Coffee Press and the very popular Aeropress. 12pm to 2pm. We hope to see you there!
3 days 15 hours ago.
Mon to Fri: 10 am to 5:30 pm
Saturday: 10:30 am to 5:30 pm
Sun and Holidays: 11:30 am to 4:30 pm